Try this amazing creamy chicken mushroom pasta recipe and you will have a new favorite. The recipe is very versatile so you can use it without chicken or use it without mushrooms.
Alternatively, the mushroom sauce without the chicken makes an incredible topping for steaks or even baked potato.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta
- Frying Pan
- 1 tsp Butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 med Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 to 3 each Chicken Breasts (deboned and skinless)
- 400 gr Brown (or Black) mushrroms (oz)
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- ½ tsp Dry Basil
- ½ tsp Dry Majoram
- Pasta as required (I used 1 cup penne)
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Sauce
- Add Ghee (butter) and oil to the frying pan.
- Add onions and fry till they are transluscent and just starting to brown
- Add the chicken breasts that have been cubed and brown slightly
- Add salt and pepper
- Once the chicken has browned add sliced mushrooms
- Cook mushrooms for approx 5 minutes until the water has evaporated
- Add garlic nd cook for another minute
- Add the cream and allow to simmer
- Add basil and majoram and a little more black pepper.
- Place lid on the frying pan and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes on a low heat
- Remove from heat. The sauce will thicken as it cools slightly.
- Heat a pot of water until the water is rapidly boiling
- Add 1 pinch of salt to the water
- Add a cup of pasta and stir quickly, allowing to boil softly
- Once pasta is cooked to your preference, remove it from heat and drain.
- Serve pasta topped with creamy chicken mushroom sauce.
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
This is a rich sauce so it is best that you do not add too much to the pasta.
See my recipe for home made pasta.