This is my favorite quick and easy focaccia bread recipe, although there is a fair amount of proofing time involved the actual mixing and baking section is very quick.
If you’re a bread lover looking to try your hand at making homemade bread, then you’re in for a treat. One bread that’s gaining popularity for its rustic appearance and wonderful flavors is focaccia bread. Focaccia is an Italian flatbread that’s similar to pizza dough but with a thicker, softer texture. It’s typically flavored with olive oil, salt, and herbs, and often topped with various ingredients like tomatoes, olives, onions, and cheese. Focaccia is incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed on its own, used as sandwich bread, or served as a side dish or appetizer.
In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps to create a mouthwatering focaccia bread that will impress your family and friends. So let’s roll up our sleeves, dust our hands with flour, and get ready to bake some scrumptious focaccia bread from scratch!
Get ready to fill your home with the irresistible aroma of freshly baked bread. Let’s get started!
Quick and easy Focaccia bread recipe
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 baking tray
- 500 gr Flour
- 400 ml Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Instant Yeast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add water and oil and mix into a sticky dough
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to stand for 40 minutes
- Gently fold the dough over from the sides to the middle. Coat your hands with a little oil to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Cover and allow to proof for 1 hour
- Again fold the dough over
- Place on a well-oiled baking tray. Spread the dough out on the tray.
- Cover the tray and allow to proof again for 1 hour
- Gently indent the dough with your fingers to give character to your bread and to evenly spread the dough in the pan
- Coat the top with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt and seasoning of your choice. I used a little dry basil in the video.
- Place in a preheated oven at 240℃ and bake for 12 to 15 minutes
- Remove from oven when golden brown and nice and crispy.
- Allow to cool, slice and enjoy
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Some of my favorite spices to use on top of the focaccia bread are, basil, rosemary, Italian herbs, or chili. You can also add other toppings such as sliced olives, tomato, bacon, etc
Be creative with your toppings – your family will love them all.
Leftover Focaccia Bread Toasted Sandwich
Do you have any focaccia bread leftover (I know the chances are very slim)? If you make too much bread and there is any leftovers then a great use for the leftover focaccia is to make a toasted sandwich.