My version of a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich. I add a touch of onion and a little sriracha sauce in order to boost the taste and add a little spice.
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches are classic comfort food that never goes out of style. They are perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. This sandwich is both delicious and satisfying and also extremely versatile.
The combination of melted cheese, juicy tomatoes, and crispy bread creates a mouthwatering flavor and texture that will leave you wanting more. Experiment with extra additions to create your own unique toasted sandwich.
Whether you’re looking for a comforting snack or a hearty meal, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to indulge in this timeless favorite!
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich
- 1 Toasted sandwich maker Can also use an airfryer, a skillet or an oven
- 4 slices Bread of your choice
- Slices Cheese (cheddar or gouda)
- 1 med Tomato sliced
- ¼ small Onion (finely sliced)
- Sriracha sauce to taste Optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Lightly coat your bread slice with butter. If you are using non-stick cookware then only coat the inside. For older type cooking surfaces it is better to also apply a thin coat of butter to the outside. Avoid too much butter as you will end up with an oily sandwich.
- Add some Sriracha sauce or alternatively a sauce of your choice. This is optional!
- Add the sliced or grated cheese to cover the bottom bread slice
- Add tomato and onion. Sprinkle a little seasoning.
- Cover the tomato and onion with a little more cheese and then close the sandwich with the top slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in your toasted sandwich maker and cook until it is golden brown on the outside and the cheese on the inside has melted.
- Bon appetit!
Experiment by adding extras such as bacon, banana, or herbs and spices. The sky is the limit in what you can add to a basic toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.