My version of a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich. I add a touch of onion and a little sriracha sauce in order to boost the taste and add a little spice.
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches are classic comfort food that never goes out of style. They are perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. This sandwich is both delicious and satisfying and also extremely versatile.
The combination of melted cheese, juicy tomatoes, and crispy bread creates a mouthwatering flavor and texture that will leave you wanting more. Experiment with extra additions to create your own unique toasted sandwich.
Whether you’re looking for a comforting snack or a hearty meal, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to indulge in this timeless favorite!
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich
- 1 Toasted sandwich maker Can also use an airfryer, a skillet or an oven
- 4 slices Bread of your choice
- Slices Cheese (cheddar or gouda)
- 1 med Tomato sliced
- ¼ small Onion (finely sliced)
- Sriracha sauce to taste Optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lightly coat your bread slice with butter. If you are using non-stick cookware then only coat the inside. For older type cooking surfaces it is better to also apply a thin coat of butter to the outside. Avoid too much butter as you will end up with an oily sandwich.
- Add some Sriracha sauce or alternatively a sauce of your choice. This is optional!
- Add the sliced or grated cheese to cover the bottom bread slice
- Add tomato and onion. Sprinkle a little seasoning.
- Cover the tomato and onion with a little more cheese and then close the sandwich with the top slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in your toasted sandwich maker and cook until it is golden brown on the outside and the cheese on the inside has melted.
- Bon appetit!
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Experiment by adding extras such as bacon, banana, or herbs and spices. The sky is the limit in what you can add to a basic toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.