A lovely easy chili oil recipe for an aromatic and very addictive chili oil. If you love eating food with a little bite to it then this is a necessity for you.
Use as an ingredient in your cooking or add directly to your food. I especially love adding it to any carbs that eat such as my pasta, rice, and potatoes.
Aromatic Chili Oil
- 1 cup Crushed Chili
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Sichuan Peppercorns whole
- ½ tsp Salt
- Add Sichuan Pepper and oil to a suitable pot and heat on the stove
- As soon as oil starts to smoke (watch carefully) remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Remove the Sichuan peppercorns from the oil or pour the oil through a sieve when adding to the chili flakes.
- In a separate pan or container that will withstand the heat of the oil, add the dried chili flakes and salt. Ensure that the container has enough room to fit the oil as well.
- Once the oil has cooled for 10 minutes pour over the dried chili through a sieve so as to remove the Sichuan peppers. The oil will bubble up a bit so do allow extra space in the container.
- Once the mixture has cooled store in suitable containers
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
This is an amazing chili oil that is so easy to make. I usually buy the crushed chili from the supermarket and then add a couple of tablespoons of crushed birds-eye chilis so as to increase the heat of the oil and give it a bit more bite.
I personally add this oil to my food directly and use it in a lot of my cooking. I hope that you will enjoy the oil as much as I do.