My family absolutely loves my home-baked bread. When I prepare the bread recipe and the smell of bread in the oven permeates the house, suddenly the kitchen tends to become overpopulated with family members all waiting to grab a slice of the freshly baked bread.
Bread is one of the most basic and fundamental foods of civilization. Today, bread is an item found in almost every store and restaurant and is a common dietary staple for most people.
While there are many different ways to make bread at home, there are a few tried and true recipes that produce consistently great results.
Baking your own bread is a great way to create something delicious and unique without relying on a store-bought loaf. It also gives you the opportunity to shape the bread to your liking and experiment with different flavors and varieties. And let’s face it, nothing smells and tastes better than homemade bread!
There are a variety of ways to make bread at home, from old-fashioned artisan loaves to quick, easy, and delicious dinner rolls. Some may require a bit more time, but all are worth the effort and produce baked goods with a texture and flavor that cannot be matched.
I trust that you will find this recipe that I use for my bread to be a great start.
My Favorite Bread Recipe
- Dough mixer
- 1 Bread Loaf Pan
- 600 gr Flour (21.16 oz)
- 1¾ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Sugar
- 2 gr Yeast (⅔ tsp)
- 370 gr Water (12.5 us oz)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Knead by hand for 10 minutes or in a dough mixer for 3 to 4 minutes until the dough is silky smooth.
- Place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap or a tea towel. Leave to proof for 1 hour.
- Knead the air out of the dough and cover and allow to proof for a further 1 hour.
- Remove dough from the bowl, shape it into a loaf shape, and place it into your greased loaf pan. Cover and allow to proof for a further 1 hour.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Remove from loaf pan and allow to cool before slicing.
- Bon Appetit
More Recipe Videos
Some people simply do not have the time to mix the dough, allow to proof, knead, allow to proof, etc. For busy people like yourself, there is a solution. You can purchase an automatic bread maker that does it all for you.
Automatic bread makers allow you to add the required ingredients, set the timer, and then the bread maker does the rest for you.