My creamy mac and cheese recipe with some tomato and onion slices and also a touch of sweet basil on the cheese. You will love how simple this recipe is to make and just how delicious it is to eat. Real comfort food!
Mac and Cheese is a timeless classic that’s loved by kids and adults alike. With its irresistible combination of tender macaroni and gooey melted cheese, it’s no wonder that this dish has become a beloved comfort food for many. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, a side dish for a potluck, or a cozy meal to enjoy on a rainy day, mac and cheese is always a great choice.
In this recipe, we’re sharing our take on the ultimate mac and cheese, with a rich and creamy cheese sauce that’s sure to impress. We add sliced tomato and onion for extra flavor and a touch of basil to liven up the cheese crust on top. We’ll show you how to make the sauce from scratch using simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. The result is a dish that’s cheesy, comforting, and oh-so-satisfying.
So, if you’re ready to indulge in some seriously delicious mac and cheese, grab your apron and let’s get cooking! This recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is sure to become a family favorite.
Creamy mac and cheese recipe
- 200 gr Elbow Macaroni
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Milk (warm)
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg (freshly grated) Optional
- Cheddar Cheese grated (Mix with Mozarella if required)
- 1 med Tomato (sliced)
- ¼ Small Onion sliced
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Boil a pot of water, add a tsp of salt, and add the elbow macaroni. Cook till al dente (soft but still firm)
- Drain the pasta and set aside
White Cheese Sauce
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add 3 tbsp flour, and mix well. Add milk and mix well. Add a pinch of salt to taste. Mix well until the mixture thickens.
- Add a little nutmeg (optional).
- Add some grated cheese to the white sauce and melt in. Add cheese according to your own taste.
Preparing the Dish
- Add the al dente pasta to a suitable baking dish that is large and deep enough to contain all the pasta and the whilte sauce.
- Add the cheesy white sauce and mix into the pasta ensuring that all the pasta is coated.
- Add the sliced tomato to the top and sprinkle with the sliced onions. Add a little salt and black pepper to the tomato.
- Cover the entire top with grated cheese
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200℃ for 15 to 20 minutes – watch and remove when the cheese on top is melted and is a lovely golden brown.
- Remove – Bon appetit!
Experiment with your mac and cheese!
Add some bacon pieces, or add a layer of mince. Add some veggies or whatever grabs your fancy.
However you may decide to prepare this creamy mac and cheese recipe, know that your family is going to love it.