Are you looking to add a touch of Russian cuisine to your special occasion menu? Look no further than Olivier salad, a classic dish that is loved by Russians around the world. This hearty and flavorful salad is perfect for celebrations and gatherings, and it’s surprisingly easy to make!
If I were to describe this tasty Russian salad I would say that it is a potato mayonnaise salad on steroids!
The key ingredients in Olivier salad are potatoes, carrots, pickles, peas, and mayonnaise. You can also add boiled eggs, ham, or chicken for extra protein. The combination of these ingredients creates a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that will leave your guests wanting more.
To help you create the perfect Olivier salad, we have included a video tutorial below. This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process, ensuring that you get the proportions and techniques just right.
Remember, the beauty of Olivier salad lies in its versatility. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to make it your own. Some people like to add olives or dill for an extra twist, while others prefer a touch of mustard or lemon juice for added zing.
Once you’ve mastered the art of making Olivier salad, you’ll have a go-to dish that is sure to impress your guests. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to create a Russian delight that will be the highlight of your special occasion!
The version of Olivier salad that I am preparing today includes eggs and smoked chicken fillets.
Olivier Salad Recipe
- 5 Large Hard – Boiled Eggs
- 4 med Boiled Potatoes
- 2 med Boiled Carrots
- 2 med Chicken fillets smoked
- ¼ med Onion chopped
- 6 small Gherkins pickled
- 250 gr Canned Peas
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise (to your taste)
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Peel the boiled potatoes and carrots
- Cube the potatoes and carrots and place them in your large salad bowl
- Cube the boiled eggs and add to the salad bowl
- Cube the chicken fillets and add to the mixture (Can also use ham, boiled beef, etc)
- Finely slice and chop the onion and squeeze to release flavors. Add to the mixture
- Cube the gherkins and add to the bowl
- Add the peas and then gently mix the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- Do not add salt or pepper as there is enough saltiness in the contents,
- Add mayonnaise to your liking.
- Bon appetit.