In this pumpkin pie recipe, I have used mashed pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice. I have previously made instruction videos on how to cook pumpkin and pumpkin spice so if you are not sure then please watch them first.
Making a pumpkin pie with freshly cooked pumpkin is great but it is also an ideal way to use your leftover pumpkin or when you simply have too much pumpkin available.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
My Favourite Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 Pie dish (22 cm)
- 375 gr Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 20 gr Sugar
- 125 gr Butter (or baking Margerine)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 Tbsp Iced Water
- 2 cups Pumpkin Mash
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 3 lrg Eggs
- 200 ml Evaporated Milk
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt and mix together.
- Add the butter and crumb it into the flour mixture.
- Add 6 Tbsp iced water and 1 tbsp lemon and quickly knead it to a firm dough. Add a little extra water if necessary
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours
- Roll the dough into a circle with a thickness of approximately 2mm.
- Dust your pie dish with a little flour to prevent sticking.
- Line your pie dish with the pie crust dough and scallop the edges.
- Start to preheat your oven to 200℃
- Cover the crust with cling wrap and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin spice, and salt together.
- Whisk the eggs and combine with the pumpkin mixture. (leave a couple of drops of the whisked eggs for brushing the crust of the pie.
- Add the evaporated milk and mix well into an even-colored smooth mixture.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust
- Gently brush the remaining egg whisk onto the exposed lip of the pie crust
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200℃ for 10 minutesReduce the oven temp to 180℃ and bake for a further 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Bon Appetit