The Swedish Cardamom buns recipe has quickly become one of my favorite baking recipes as I simply love the taste of cardamom.
Cardamom is a taste that takes a little getting used to but once you have acquired the taste for cardamom then you are generally hooked for life. What better way to enjoy the taste than in these amazing cardamom buns? These are not quick and easy to make but they are really worth the effort that goes into them.
Cardamom buns can be enjoyed almost any time of the day ranging from breakfast right through to after dinner. Just be careful – they are highly addictive and before you know it you will be preparing to bake another batch.
Swedish cardamom buns recipe
- 1 Stand mixer
- 550 gr Flour
- 1 Pich Salt
- 500 gr Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry instant yeast
- 2 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 Cup Milk at room temp
- 100 gr Butter
- 150 gr butter
- 100 gr Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cardamom
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Combine all the dough ingredients and mix well in a stand mixer.
- Once dough is smooth in texture remove from the mixer, seal in clingwrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix the filling butter, sugar, and cardamom together into a smooth paste.
Putting it all together
- Roll the dough into a rectangle as per the instruction video.
- Smear the filling evenly over the rolled dough.
- Fold 1/3 of the dough over and then fold the other third as per the video.
- Roll the dough slightly.
- Cut into strips approximately 1.5 to 2cm wide
- Curl the strip around your fingers into a double circle and then tuck the last part of the strip through the middle as per the video.
- Once all the buns are formed place on a baking tray and cover – allow to proof for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200℃ for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.