Welcome to the world of hearty flavors and effortless cooking!
In this culinary journey, we’ll be exploring a delightful recipe for a hearty Beef Stew cooked in a pressure cooker, and loaded with potatoes, and then crafted to perfection using the magic of a pressure cooker.
This dish embodies comfort and warmth, combining tender chunks of succulent beef with wholesome potatoes and a symphony of aromatic herbs and spices. The pressure cooker will be our secret weapon, allowing us to achieve the depth of flavors and tenderness that usually comes from slow cooking, but in a fraction of the time.
So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to create a soul-soothing beef stew that will leave both your taste buds and your loved ones craving for more.
In case you are unsure of how to best cook rice to accompany this stew then please refer to the instruction video at the bottom of this page.
Beef stew with potatoes
- 1 Pressure cooker
- 700 gr Stewing beef (cubed)
- 4 med/lrg Potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 1 med Onion – chopped
- 1 lrg Carrot – sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 6 Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Coarse black pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 lrg Bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Gravy Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Salt
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Preheat your pressure cooker and add a little oil
- Add your meat and allow the meat to brown on all sides.
- Add salt – approximately 3 pinches.
- Add 2 pinches of Black Pepper
- Add your onion and carrots and stir gently. Allow to gently cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Paprika, the remaining black pepper, chili flakes, tomato paste, sugar, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, gravy powder, and bay leaf.
- Add a little water
- Add your potatoes and top up with water until the potatoes are just covered.
- Sprinkle with 2 tsp salt
- Close the pressure cooker and set it to medium pressure for 1 hour.
- Once cooking is completed release steam. Carefully open the lid once it has sufficiently cooled.
- Serve on a bed of rice
- Bon Appetit
If you are unsure of how to cook rice to serve with this enjoyable beef stew, then please refer to our instruction video below on how to cook rice.