My favorite chunky apricot preserve recipe for a chunky jam with whole pieces of fruit. The main difference between a preserve and a jam is basically that a preserve is a jam with whole pieces of fruit in it. Many people would just call it a chunky jam.
My recipe contains some cinnamon and cardamom. The 2 spices are totally optional so you are welcome to leave them out.
Homemade Apricot Preserve Recipe
- 800 gr Apricot (remove pip) (28.2 oz)
- 300 gr Sugar (10.5 oz)
- 1 stick Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Pods Cardmom (optional)
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Chop apricots into quarters
- Add to pot on med heat
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is melted – reduce heat to low.
- Add spices
- When foam starts to form on the top, scoop and remove the foam.
- Allow to gently boil for a further approximately 20 minutes
- Remove spices
- Transfer the preserve into jars that have been sterilized
- Seal the jars while they are still hot. As the contents cool down it will cause a vacuum in the jar which will help to preserve the contents.
- Preferably store in the refrigerator.
- Bon Appetit
More Recipe Videos
The preserve should be kept in the refrigerator once opened and should be used within 3 weeks of opening.