My favorite chunky apricot preserve recipe for a chunky jam with whole pieces of fruit. The main difference between a preserve and a jam is basically that a preserve is a jam with whole pieces of fruit in it. Many people would just call it a chunky jam.
My recipe contains some cinnamon and cardamom. The 2 spices are totally optional so you are welcome to leave them out.
Homemade Apricot Preserve Recipe
My spicy and chunky apricot jam
- 800 gr Apricot (remove pip) (28.2 oz)
- 300 gr Sugar (10.5 oz)
- 1 stick Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Pods Cardmom (optional)
- Chop apricots into quarters
- Add to pot on med heat
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is melted – reduce heat to low.
- Add spices
- When foam starts to form on the top, scoop and remove the foam.
- Allow to gently boil for a further approximately 20 minutes
- Remove spices
- Transfer the preserve into jars that have been sterilized
- Seal the jars while they are still hot. As the contents cool down it will cause a vacuum in the jar which will help to preserve the contents.
- Preferably store in the refrigerator.
- Bon Appetit
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
The foam that you remove makes an excellent sauce for waffles or ice cream.
The preserve should be kept in the refrigerator once opened and should be used within 3 weeks of opening.