Spicy Turkish kebab recipe. Once you have tasted Turkish kebabs you will always crave the spicy taste or good Turkish-styled cooking. This is a fairly straightforward home cooking kebab recipe that mimics the spicy taste of real Turkish kebabs.
Oven Roasted Turkish Kebab Recipe
- baking dish
- stick blender
- 1 chopped Red pepper
- 1 Chopped Red or green chili (optional)
- 1 Handful Corriander leaves or parsley
- 4 to 6 cloves Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 500 gr Minced meat (beef, lamb, mutton, or mixed)
- 3 each Onions (sliced into wedges)
- 3 each Tomatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 each Red pepper (sliced)
- Chili, paprika optional
- Chop red pepper, coriander leaves, garlic, and chili finely. I used a stick blender.
- Combine and mix well into the mince. Add the spices and mix well.
- Press the mixture into an oiled baking dish so that the mince mixtire is approx 2 to 3 cm deep (1 inch)
- Decorate the top of the mince with onion and tomato wedges, red pepper slices, and optional chili and paprika slices.
- Add salt or pepper to taste if required
- Bake in a preheated oven at 240°C (465°F) for 45 minutes
- Serve over rice or flat bread
- Bon Appetit
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Kebab is a term that is translated to “grilled (or broiled) meat“. In Turkey, there are in excess of 54 different types of kebabs.
Most traditional Turkish cooking would take place over an open fire or a wood-fired oven, which adds a specific flavor to the dish.
I trust that you will enjoy this dish above and that you would be adventurous enough to make some small changes to suit your own particular taste.