A lovely classic scone recipe that is easy and quick to make.
An easy scone recipe for mouthwatering scones that you can enjoy with your coffee or tea.
- baking tray
- Rolling Pin
- Round cookie cutter
- 425 gr Flour (15 ounces)
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 gr Sugar (4 tbsp)
- 125 gr Cold Butter (4.4 ounces)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 lrg Egg
- 250 ml Milk (8.45 fluid ounces) (1 cup)
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Crumb buter into the dry ingredients
- Combine the egg, milk, and vanilla essence
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well (keep a little milk mixture for glazing the scones)
- Roll the mixture out to approximately 2 cm thick
- Cut with cookie cutter and place on a baking pan
- Brush tops with a little egg and milk mixture
- Place in oven preheated to 190 deg C (374f)
- Bake for 25 minutes
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Enjoy your scones with melted butter, cream, and jam. Great with a cup of tea or coffee.
Tip: the scones may be frozen – defrost in a microwave when required.