Welcome to this guide on how to make coffee with an Aeropress! Discover the secret to making a great Americano at home.
The Aeropress is a popular coffee brewing device that uses pressure to extract flavors from ground coffee beans. The result is a smooth and clean-tasting cup of coffee. It is no wonder that coffee lovers worldwide go crazy about Aeropress.
An Americano, on the other hand, is a simple yet delicious coffee drink made by adding hot water to coffee. The Americano is a full cup of coffee as opposed to an espresso shot which is usually around 50ml of coffee.
Whether you’re a coffee aficionado or a beginner, this guide will provide you with all the necessary steps to brew a perfect cup of Americano using an Aeropress.
So, let’s get started and brew up a delicious cup of coffee!
How to Make Coffee with an Aeropress
- 1 Aeropress
- 1 Coffee Grinder
- 30 gr Coffee Beans
- 200 ml Boiled Water
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Boil your kettle with water. Add a little water to your cup to pre-warm your cup.
- Allow kettle to stand for 10 minutes so that teh boiled water cools to approximately 95℃
- Add a paper filter to the head of the Aeropress. Pour a little water through the filter to remove the paper taste
- Add 30 gr fresh coffee beans to your grinder and grind. The grind should be between fine salt and a sugar granule in size.
- Insert the Aeropress plunger into the main body of the Aeropress. Pour the freshly ground coffee into the Aeropress.
- Add the boiled water to half-fill the Aeropress. Stir gently with the plastic stirrer provided with your Aeropress. Fill the rest of the Aeropress to the desired level.
- A slight "crema" or foam should form on the coffee. This is called blooming. The fresher the coffee the more it will bloom and of course, the more flavorful it is bound to be.
- Screw the filter top onto the Aeropress. Remove the water that you used to heat the cup and stand the Aeropress on your cup with the plunger at the top and the filter inside the cup. Make sure that your cup is large enough to hold the contents of the Aeropress.
- Allow it to stand for 3½ minutes
- Gently depress the plunger. This should take approximately 30 seconds.
- You should now have one of the tastiest cups of Americano coffee that you have ever made at home.
More Recipe Videos
I trust that you enjoyed this instruction on how to make an Americano coffee at home using an Aeropress.