My Buttermilk scone recipe is easy to make and will produce a batch of delicious and fluffy scones for you to enjoy. Be sure to watch the video to see just how easy they are to make.
Buttermilk scones are a classic breakfast treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day. These scones are known for their tender crumb and slightly tangy flavor, which comes from the buttermilk used in the recipe.
They are easy to make and can be customized with a variety of add-ins, such as dried fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips. Whether you are looking for a simple morning snack or a special addition to your brunch spread, these buttermilk scones are sure to satisfy you.
In this recipe, we will walk you through the steps to create a delicious batch of buttermilk scones that will have your taste buds begging for more.
Buttermilk scone recipe
- 420 gr Flour
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- 45 gr sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 125 gr Butter cold and cubed
- 1 lrg Egg
- 220 ml Buttermilk
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Mix all the wet ingredients – Leave behind a little of the egg to use as an eggwash
- Crumb the butter into the dry mixture
- Add the wet ingredients and mix / knead to a smooth dough
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of approx 1 inch (2.5cm)
- Use a scone cutter to cut out the scones and place them on a baking tray
- Brush the tops of the unbaked scones with the leftover egg wash.
- Bake at 180℃ for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool
Serve with tea or coffee. Lovely by themselves, or with butter. Add jam, cream, or cheese for added variety.