My homemade Challah bread recipe. I hope that you will love it as much as I do.
This Challah bread has to be my favorite bread ever. The bread has a soft and fluffy interior with a lovely crispy crust.
Challah bread is a traditional Jewish bread typically eaten on Shabbat and holidays. This bread is known for its unique braided shape and soft, slightly sweet flavor.
Making your own challah bread at home can be a fun and rewarding experience, and it’s also a great way to add a personal touch to your family’s holiday celebrations or to simply enjoy this delicious bread even if you are not Jewish.
In this recipe, we’ll walk you through making delicious and beautiful challah bread that will impress your family and friends.
Challah Bread recipe
- 1 Dough mixer
- 360 gr Flour
- 180 gr Milk
- 30 gr Butter
- 30 gr Vegetable oil
- 40 gr Sugar
- 4 gr Salt
- 1 lrg Egg
- 1½ tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 lrg Egg
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Add all dough ingredients to a dough mixer and knead for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium speed until the dough is uniform.
- Cover and allow to rise for 60 minutes.
- Knead the dough slightly and then plait the dough.
- Allow to proof for a further 60 minutes.
- Eggwash with the Egg and milk mixture
- Bake at 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
More Recipe Videos
I really hope that you try this recipe and that you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.