My delicious soft and fluffy pancakes made with Rye flour. There are a number of reasons why you should try out rye flour for pancakes.
Most people love pancakes, but some people are not able to eat them as they are gluten intolerant. Rye flour is low in gluten and so it is perfect for making treats such as pancakes.
Using rye flour instead of wheat flour results in a pleasing pancake with a light nutty taste that keeps you feeling full for longer. The reason for this is that rye flour is a good source of fiber. Fiber is important for the digestive system and can help to keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time, meaning that you will be less likely to overeat or binge eat.
The second reason why rye flour is good for pancakes is that it contains a number of essential nutrients, such as vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps to convert food into energy in the cells.
Pancakes made with rye flour
- 2 lrg Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp Dry instant yeast
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Rye Flour
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable oil
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Mix egg and sugar together in a mixing bowl
- Add salt, and vanilla essence. and yeast and mix well
- Add milk and mix well
- Add Rye flour and mix till smooth, add some water to adjust thickness if necessary
- Add vegetable oil and mix well
- Cover bowl and set aside to rise for 1 hour.
- Heat skillet and oil well
- Pour in some mixture to lightly cover the bottom of the skillet
- Allow to cook till golden brown, flip and cook reverse side till golden brown.
- Repeat until mixture is finished
- Enjoy with jam, cinnamon sugar, cream or whatever filling you love.
How to eat pancakes made with rye flour
One of the main reasons that pancakes are so loved is that they are so versatile.
Enjoy them as a sweet pancake with cinnamon and sugar, jam, cream, or ice cream.
Alternatively, you can have them as a savory pancake with fillings such as tuna, mince, or chicken.