What is poolish – basically it is a pre-fermented mixture that you add to the dough. It helps to make your baked item soft, fragrant and aromatic. It is great for bread and pizza as well as focaccia.
Enjoy my focaccia bread recipe with a poolish base.
Poolish Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 1 Dough mixer
- 1 baking tray
- 80 gr Water
- 80 gr Flour
- 5 gr Yeast
- 5 gr Honey
- 3 cup Flour
- 200 ml Water
- 2 tsp Salt Coarse
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- Combine water, flour, honey, and yeast together.
- Allow the mixture to rest in the refrigerator for between 4 and 16 hours.
- Add the flour, water, salt, and olive oil to the dough mixer. Add the poolish and mix thoroughly until smooth
- Allow the dough to prove for 1 to 1½ hours.
- Flatten your dough and spread evenly on your baking tray. Make finger indentations in the dough.
- Allow to prove for a further 1 hour
- Sprinkle a little olive oil, coarse salt, and optional rosemary on the top of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C (430°F) for 10 minutesBring heat down to 200°C (392°F) and bake for a further 20 minutes
- Bon Appetit
A delicious focaccia bread that is ideal as a side for most meals. It is great for BBQ’s as well.