My easy pancake recipe to make soft and fluffy pancakes. Pancakes are always enjoyable and these soft and fluffy pancakes may even be a little more enjoyable than others. Pancakes are also so easy to make and always enjoyed.
Pancakes are a favorite worldwide and places such as Ukraine and Russia even have a “Pancake Week” during the month of March to celebrate pancakes.
Pancakes can be enjoyed with a variety of toppings or fillings ranging from cinnamon sugar, ice cream, sour cream, plain cream or yogurt, jam, fruit, savory meats, etc.
Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- 1 cast iron skillet
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 lrg Eggs
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Instant Yeast
- 600 ml Warm Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Mix eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl mix flour, yeast, salt together
- Add a little flour to the egg mixture and mix in thoroughly
- Add vanilla essence to the milk.
- Gradually add milk and flour into the mixture while mixing constantly.
- Once all the flour and milk has been added and the mixture is smooth and without any lumps, add the oil and mix thoroughly
- Cover the bowl with clingwrap and allow to rest for 1 hour. The contents should double in volume during this resting period.
- Preheat your cast iron skillet on a med to hot plate.
- Apply a generous coating of oil and ladle the mixture into the pan to fully coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for approximately 30 seconds (until golden brown on the bottom), flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove the pancake and repeat the process until all your mixture is used.
- Optional, smear a little butter onto each pancake to keep them moist to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Serve as required – Bon Appetit
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Enjoy your pancakes with a filling of your choice.
Have you ever tried a pancake filled with savoury mince – delicious. Chicken mince with crumbled hard-boiled egg is also great.