My quick and easy air fryer recipe for delicious cheese and onion chicken fillets. A rich dish that is smothered in cheese and has a fairly strong taste of onion to complement the cheese.
Chicken fillets are the flesh portion of the chicken breast. If you do not have a chicken fillet but do have a chicken breast, simply remove the skin and then carefully remove flesh from the bone and cartilage.
Cheese and onion chicken fillets
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Tenderising hammer
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Med Onion sliced into rings approx 5mm thick
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ tsp Italian Spices
- Flatten chicken fillets to approx 1½ cm thick using a tenderizing hammer
- Spice with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover chicken breasts with the mixture of Sriracha sauce and Mayonnaise.
- Slice onion into rings 5mm (just under ¼ inch) thick.
- Spray air fryer bottom with oil
- Place onion rings on the bottom of the air fryer basket and place chicken breasts over them.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 190°C (375°F)
- Turn chicken breasts over, leave some onion rings on the bottom but also spread the top of the chicken fillets with onion rings.
- Cover the fillets with grated Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle lightly with Italian spices.
- Cook again for 8 minutes at 190°C (375°F)
- Bon Appetit
These tasty chicken fillets are super moist inside. They are great served with rice or pasta as well as a nice salad or vegetable.