My crumbed meatballs recipe that you are going to love. Cooked correctly, meatballs can make a delicious main meal full with flavor and goodness. Add a couple of side dishes such as potatoes and vegetables and you have an amazing meal for your family. Leftover meatballs are also so versatile and can be used in so many ways with a little imagination.
This recipe can be used for stovetop cooking or in your air fryer.
My Favourite Meatball Recipe
- 1 Large frying pan
- 600 gr Mince meat (21 oz)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme Optional
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 lrg Egg.
- Extra breadcrumbs to coat the meatballs
- Mix together the mince, salt, pepper, thyme and onion.
- Add 2 tbsp breadcrumbs and approximately the same in milk.
- Add egg and mix in.
- Mix together very well and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into equal portions according to the size meatball you require.
- Mould and press the meatballs into your desired shape, I prefer a submarine shape to plain round meatballs.
- Completely coat the outside of the rolled meatball in breadcrumbs
Stove Cooking Version
- Fry on a medium heat in a little oil for 5 minutes on each side
- Now turn heat to low, cover the pan with the lid and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spray air fryer cooking basket with olive oil
- Place meatballs in basket spreading them out so that they o not touch each other
- Spray the tops of the meatballs with oilive oil
- Cook at 200°C (400°F) for 7 minutes
- Turn and cook at 200°C (400°F) for a further 7 minutes or until cooked.
- Bon Appetit.
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
I hope you enjoy my delicious crumbed meatball recipe. Please feel free to play around with the herbs and spices that go into the meatball. I personally love fresh thyme but fresh parsley is also great, chili adds a nice twist etc.