My favorite air fryer lamb roast recipe with roast potatoes added. There is nothing tastier than a succulent lamb roast and crispy roast potatoes. Serve with a choice of vegetables and optional rice and gravy.
For those curious to know, air fryers are a great way to cook food quickly without the need to heat up a large oven. They work by circulating hot air around food in a small confined space. This means a great saving in time and electricity. Air fryers are a great way to cook potatoes too — just cut the potatoes into cubes and throw them in the air fryer. Parboiled potatoes may be preferable as they will be soft on the inside and lovely and crispy on the outside.
Below is a recipe for a simple and yet delicious small lamb roast for 2 people that can be cooked in an air fryer. This dish is a great alternative to the traditional oven-roasted lamb. The ease of cooking in an air fryer makes it perfect for busy weekdays or for cooking meals, such as roasts, for just 2 people. So quick and easy you would not believe it.
Lamb is one of the most succulent and juicy meats you can eat, and cooking it in an air fryer is incredibly easy. The recipe below will result in one of the most tender and delicious roasts you’ll ever have.
Although I have not used it in the recipe below, Rosemary is a great herb to add to lamb, as the herb has a strong, savory flavor that complements the meat well. If you’d like to spice up your lamb roast with some rosemary it is best to use a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary placed under and on top of the lamb.
Lamb Roast For 2 Cooked in the air fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Olive Oil Drip bottle
- 600 gr Lamb Leg
- ¼ tsp Coarse Salt
- ¼ tsp Coarse ground black pepper
- ⅙ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Dash Olive oil
- 3 Med Potatoes
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Italian spices
- 1 Dash Olive oil
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Pre-boil skinned and cubed potatoes for 30 minutes
- Coat cubed potatoes with a little olive oil
- Add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and Italian herbs to taste. Ensure that the potatoes are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Spice the lamb roast with salt, pepper, and garlic salt and rub the spices into the meat.
- Add a dash of olive oil to the meat and ensure that it is through;y coated in the oil and spices.
- Place the lamb roast in the air fryer tray and arrange the potatoes around the lamb roast
- Cook for 10 minutes at 190°C (374°F)
- Turn the meat and potatoes
- Cook for 12 minutes at 200°C (400°F). Adjust cooking time to suit your taste.
- Bon Appetit
More Recipe Videos
Serve the sliced roast lamb with roast potatoes, rice, and vegetables.