My delicious apricot pie piroshki recipe. These lovely apricot pies, called piroshki, will be your favorite snack just like they are mine.
Piroshki are a popular snack in Russia and Ukraine and are found with a variety of different fruit fillings inside.
Use apricots or any other fruit as the filling in these dumpling-type snacks.
Apricot pie recipe
- baking tray
- Dough mixer
- 200 ml Milk (7 oz)
- 80 gr Butter (2.8 oz)
- 100 gr Sugar (3.5 oz)
- 1 lrg Egg
- 400 gr Flour (14.1 oz)
- 7 gr Instant Yeast (¼ oz)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 800 gr Ripe apricots (28.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon sugar for dusting
- Mix all the ingredients together in your dough mixer and mix well until the dough is smooth.
- Cover dough and allow to rest for 1 ½ hour.
- Slice ripe apicots into small pieces
- Divide your dough into small golf size balls.
- Roll ball into a flat round disc.
- Add about 1 TBSP apricot pieces and fold the dough over and seal
- Place the pie on a baking tray with the seam to the bottom
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes
- Allow the pies to cool before testing
- Bon Appetit
A delicious snack to enjoy with your tea and coffee or after a meal.