My favorite chicken schnitzel recipe that so many have asked for. To me, it is just plain chicken schnitzel yet everyone who has tested my schnitzel raves and says that it is the best that they ever tasted. I hope that you try it and leave your opinion in the comments.
Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- Tenderising hammer
- Non stick Frying Pan
- 2 Chicken breasts (skinless and deboned)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 lrg Egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1½ tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Vegetable oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- Bread Crumbs
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Lay chicken breasts on a suitable surface and gently flatten using a tenderizing hammer until they are approx 1½cm thick. (approx ½ inch)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and gently rub the spices into the meat. Set aside.
- In a suitable mixing bowl add the egg and approx 2 tbsp milk. Mix together. Add half a tsp of salt.
- Add first 1½ tbsp of flour and mix well.
- Use the remaining milk and flour to adjust the consistency of the mixture. It should flow but not be runny.
- Add ½ tsp of vegetable oil and mix well. The mixture should have a smooth texture.
- Add sufficient breadcrumbs to a large plate.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the batter, ensuring that there is a thin even coating of batter over the entire chicken breast.
- Lay the chicken breast on the breadcrumbs and then turn it over ensuring that the breast obtains a full covering of bread crumbs.
- Gently fry on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side until the schnitzel is golden brown.
- Bon Appetit.
This chicken schnitzel recipe produces a delicious schnitzel which can be further enhanced by topping with a sauce of your choice – the most popular being cheese sauce. However, I do find that the sauces hide the true flavor of the schnitzel. I, therefore, prefer to serve the schnitzel without a sauce.