What the heck is pasta â la lasagne? Lasagne is traditionally a pasta dish made with sheets of pasta. The dish is rich and heavy. My Pasta â la lasagne is made with ordinary tube pasta (Macaroni, elbow macaroni, etc) that is a lot lighter due to the air that is in the tube section of the pasta. A lighter pasta means a plate that looks fuller and will not be so heavy on your stomach.
In addition, this recipe is very flexible so you can play around with it and create your very own “YourName- â la lasagne recipe”.
Pasta â La Lasagane Recipe
- 200 gr Macaroni of your choice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Cups Milk (warm)
- 500 gr Minced meat
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 handful celery (finely chopped)
- 1 Red pepper (remove seeds)
- 1 Green pepper (remove seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tin Whole tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Grated Mozzarella cheese
- Italian herbs to your taste (I like dried Basil)
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Boil the pasta in salted water until it is al dente (semi cooked)
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add 3 tbsp flour, and mix well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste. Mix well until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Finely chop a small onion and a carrot, the celery, and red and green peppers. Fry gently in vegetable oil until translucent.
- Add 500gr mince – add salt and pepper to taste
- Add chopped garlic – 2 cloves
- Tin of whole tomatoes in tomato juice
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and set aside
Preparing The Final Dish
- Mix the bolognese sauce into the pasta and combine well
- In a baking dish, add a little white sauce to cover the bottom of the dish
- Add the pasta/bolognese mixture
- Add the rest of the white sauce to cover the top of the pasta/bolognese
- Add the mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese and spread evenly over the top to fully cover the pasta /bolognese mixture.
- Sprinkle with dried herbs
- Place in a 180 ℃ pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and a crispy golden brown color.
- Bon Appetit
More Recipe Videos
Eat by itself as a meal or add a side of vegetables. I love adding a spoonful of my addictive chili oil to the top of my serving in order to give my meal a little bit of a tangy chili kick. If the whole family are lovers of chili then add some to the bolognese sauce.
The recipe is very flexible so if you do not like celery or one of the other ingredients then experiment with excluding it, Likewise experiment with adding ingredients and spices that you may love.