You must try my fried marrow with garlic. I can guarantee that you will love how this vegetable turns out.
Crispy fried on the outside and juicy on the inside. This is a great snack or side dish for any meal.
For the adventurous, you can add a little mozzarella cheese, mixed with a small portion of freshly grated parmesan cheese, after frying and melt the cheese in your air fryer.
Fried marrow with crushed garlic
Lovely thick slices of marrow that have been fried till they are slightly crispy and then they are topped with some fresh crushed garlic.
Servings: 2 People
- 1 Large frying pan
- 1 Garlic Press
- 1 lrg Marrow
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 to 2 clove garlic
- Slice the marrow into round slices approx 1cm thick (⅓ inch)
- Lightly salt the slices on each side
- Place the flour on a plate and lightly coat the marrow in flour. Shake off any excess flour
- Fry on med hot in a little oil until they are golden brown on each side
- Place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Add a touch of crushed garlic to the top of each.
- Bona Appetit.
For a twist to this recipe sprinkle some cheese over the garlic and place the sliced marrow into your air fryer to melt the cheese.
Whenever we manage to find nice marrows we tend to buy a few. We enjoy having a vegetarian night at least once a week and this is the perfect dish for such nights.