Try these leftover baby potatoes that I smashed and air-fried. I am making sure that whenever I have baby potatoes again I cook way too many so that I can leftover baby potatoes to smash, spice up, and air fry. Schucks – there is no reason that I even have to wait for leftover baby potatoes – I just boil some from scratch purely to use in the air fryer.
Smashed Air Fryer Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Basting Brush
- 500 gr Leftover boiled baby potatoes (need not be leftover)
- 1 tbsp Fat or oil for brushing
- ¼ to ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Place boiled potato on a board and, using the bottom of a glass, push doen on the potato gently so that it is flattened to about 1½ cm (half inch) thick.
- Mix the spices together and add to the oil.
- Brush over both sides of the smashed potatoes
- Lay the potatoes in your air fryer basket so that they do not touch each other.
- Air fry at 200°C (400°F) for 6to 7 minutes.
- Turn and air fry again at 200°C (400°F) for a further 6 to 7 minutes or until they reach the crispiness that you prefer.
- Add further spices to your taste.
More Recipe Videos
In this recipe I have used leftover boiled potatoes but you can cook fresh baby potatoes as well. Simply boil them till they are soft and then smash them.
A great choice as a side for steaks and meat dishes. Also an interesting starter dish or even a great snack. I know that I could eat them almost anytime as they are super tasty.