My favorite biscotti recipe for an easy-to-make and yet delicious Italian-style biscotti. The twice-baked biscuit is ideal for dipping in tea or coffee.
Biscotti are made with simple ingredients like flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and almond essence. Biscotti are easy to make and can be customized with different flavors and toppings. This recipe for classic biscotti is a great place to start. Once you have mastered the basics, you can experiment with different flavors and toppings to create your own unique biscotti.
Here are some tips for making biscotti:
- Use good quality ingredients. The quality of your ingredients will make a big difference in the flavor and texture of your biscotti.
- Preheat your oven and use parchment paper. This will help your biscotti bake evenly.
- Bake the biscotti for the full amount of time. If you don’t, they will be soft and chewy.
- Let the biscotti cool completely before cutting them. This will help them hold their shape.
- Store the biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Homemade Biscotti Recipe
- 250 gr Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 75 gr Butter – unsalted
- 150 gr Sugar
- 2 Lrg Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp Almond Essence
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder to a large mixing bowl
- Add butter and crumb it into the flour
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla, and almond essence
- Knead into a smooth dough, use a little water if too dry but the dough should not be sticky.
- Separate into 2 and roll into logs as per video.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180℃
- Allow to cool and then slice
- Bake the slices for a further 10 minutes at 180℃
- Allow to cool completely and store in an air tight container
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Once you have the hang of the basic biscotti recipe above you should experiment with adding nuts, raisins, and different flavors to produce your own signature biscotti biscuits.