Delicious homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that is great for weight watchers as well as for combatting colds and flu. And if you are not watching your weight or trying to recover from a cold and flu, this homemade soup is still incredibly delicious and great to enjoy with some fresh or toasted ciabatta or any other fresh bread.
Chicken noodle soup recipe
- Frying Pan
- 2 pieces Chicken breast with bone and skin
- 2 lt Water
- 1 Bayleaf
- ⅛ tsp Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Butter or ghee
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (sliced)
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 cup Pasta
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- Boil water in the pot
- Add chicken, bay leaf, and peppercorns and boil for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes remove the chicken. Discard bay leaf. Keep the stock in the pot
- Shred the cooked chicken keeping the skin as well.
- In the frying pan – melt butter/ghee and oil on medium heat
- Add onion, pepper, and carrots and fry lightly till onions are slightly translucent
- Add the onion, carrot, and pepper from the frying pan to the chickn stock and continue to lightly boil.
- Add salt and allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes
- Add the shredded chicken and bring to boil again
- Add pasta and cook for approximately 10 minutes
- Add ground black pepper.
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
This homemade chicken soup is a great remedy for colds and flu. At the first sign of a cold or flu make some chicken soup with lots of chicken skin and chicken fat. The more fat the more beneficial for relieving the cold and flu.