My smooth plum jam recipe is perfect for when you have ripe plums to use. With a small amount of effort, you can create a flavorful and slightly spicy jam that your family will love.
Homemade plum jam
- stick blender
- jam jars
- 600 gr Ripe plums (21 oz)
- 200 gr Sugar (7 oz)
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 3 to 4 pods Cardamom
- Cut plums and remove pips
- Place in a suitable container and use your stick blender to blend plums finely.
- Place on a low heat.
- Add sugar and stir till the sugar is melted
- Add Cinnamon and Cardamom.
- When mixture forms a foam on top, scoop the foam off (do not discard)
- After approx 20 minutes place the jam in sterilized jars and seal.
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Should you prefer a jam that contains some chunks of fruit then do not blend the plums completely.
This jam is lovely with scones. waffles and just plain toast.