This is simply the best roast chicken recipe that you will ever try. Whether you flat roast in a skillet like me or cook the chicken whole in a roasting pan, the recipe remains the same. You will love the crispy flavorful skin combined with the juicy meat of the chicken.
Feel free to add some extra chili or sriracha sauce to the mayonnaise to add some zing.
Flat roasted chicken
- cast iron skillet
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp Fine Salt
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Mustard (your choice of mustard)
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Cut chicken between the breasts and flatten
- Rub salt into the chicken on both sides
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper together
- Coat both sides of the chicken lightly with the mayonnaise mixture
- Place in a cast-iron skillet, or other roasting pan, skin side up
- Roast in a preheated oven at 180°C (356°F) for 60 minutes
- Bon Appetit
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Please feel free to add your personal choice of spices to the above mayonnaise mixture. However, do not remove any of the ingredients listed with the exception of the black pepper.