I recently tried cooking button mushrooms in the air fryer. Wow!
I have never been a huge fan of white button mushrooms except for when they are crumbed and deep fried. My personal preferences have always been for any other type of mushrooms available, black, brown, portabello, etc. Just not white button mushrooms.
I recently bought a fresh batch of button mushrooms as they were all that was available. I decided to try them out in the air fryer. My goodness, they were so tasty and delicious that I will never turn my nose up at white button mushrooms again.
Spicy button mushrooms in the air fryer
- Air Fryer
- 500 gr White button mushrooms (or how much you want)
- 2 pinch Salt
- ⅔ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Fine black pepper
- ¾ tsp Italian herbs
- 1 to 2 tbsp Olive oil
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Slice each mushroom into 3 and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add spices and distribute them evenly
- Add the olive oil and ensure that all the mushrooms are covered with a layer of oil and spices.
- Place the mushrooms into your air fryer basket and cook at 180° C for approximately 8 minutes.
- Bon Appetit
Serve as a starter, or as a topping to your steak, Mix them with other vegetables or serve on fried potatoes or on rice. The sky is the limit. A great option when needing to serve a vegetarian dish for guests or family.