When you first taste these sweet bagels with cinnamon you will think that heaven has arrived! Delicious and soft bagel-shaped cinnamon twists that you won’t want to stop eating.
Sweet Bagels with Cinnamon
- Dough mixer
- baking tray
- 2 lrg Eggs
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 50 gr Butter (1¾ oz)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 75 ml Warm milk (2½ fl oz)
- 1 tsp Yeast (instant)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon sugar for dusting
- Add all ingredients (except cinnamon sugar) into the bowl of the dough mixer.
- Turn mixer onto medium and knead the dough for at least 6 minutes until smooth.
- Cover dough and let rest in the refrigerator for 12 hours (overnight)
- Roll the dough and divide into equal portions of approx golf ball size
- Form into bagel shape ring with a hole in the center
- Place on a baking tray and cover with a tea towel or sililar cloth
- Allow them to rest for a further 1 hour for the dough to rise
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F)
- Brush Bagels with some milk and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes till golden brown
- Bon Appetit
Absolutely delicious – enjoy with tea or coffee or just as a snack by themselves.