Delicious tuna mayonnaise salad with egg, which is lovely on its own, and incredible on a sandwich or toast. My tuna salad is quick and easy to make and is super tasty. Ideal for warm summer days when a hot meal is not wanted.
Tuna is a fatty fish, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and vitamins. It is the best source of monounsaturated fats; it also contains vitamin D, which is important for bone health.
Eggs are a great source of protein, which is essential for repairing and maintaining the body. They also contain all of the essential amino acids which is essential for healthy development.
Combining eggs and tuna in a salad is a great way to get all of the benefits of the two foods in one dish. You are also not overpowered by just tuna or just Eggs. The two main ingredients also blend together well making a very healthy and tasty salad that can also be used as a sandwich filler.
I love making a double portion of the recipe below and keeping it in the fridge to use whenever we want a sandwich or snack. I find that it lasts at least 3 days as long as it is properly sealed and kept cold.
Tuna Mayonnaise salad with egg.
- 1 tin (170gr) Tuna
- 3 Hard-boiled eggs (shell removed) Boil the traditional way in water or use an egg boiler or use your air fryer for perfect boiled eggs.
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 pinch Salt
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs into small pieces.
- Combine the tuna (drain the liquid first) and the egg and mix together.
- Add finely chopped onion and mix well
- Add the pinch of salt (some may like a little cayenne pepper or paprika as well)
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley (decoration only)
More Recipe Videos
Serving suggestion – Serve with lettuce on fresh bread of your choice.
Serve on a small cracker-type biscuit.
Serve with other salads to create a cold meal.