I love this quick and easy bacon and egg quiche recipe. I think you will too.
Quiche is a classic French dish that consists of a savory custard filling in a pastry crust. It can be made with a variety of ingredients such as bacon, ham, cheese, and vegetables, making it a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe is a simple and delicious quiche that is perfect for feeding a crowd or for meal prepping. The quiche can be easily adjusted to suit your taste and dietary preferences, for example, you can use milk or cream, you can add more vegetables or different types of cheese.
In this recipe, I use a shortcrust pastry as the base, which adds a buttery and flaky texture to the quiche. The custard filling is made with eggs, milk, grated cheese, diced bacon or ham, and a touch of salt and pepper. You can also add diced vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers, or onions to the custard filling for more flavor and nutrition. This recipe is for 4 people, and it is cooked in an oven. One of the great things about quiche is that it can be served hot or cold, making it a great option for a brunch party or a picnic. It is also a great option for meal prepping as it can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Bacon and Egg Quiche
- Pie or quiche dish
- 300 gr of shortcrust pastry
- 6 large eggs
- 150 ml of milk
- 100 gr of grated cheese
- 200 gr of diced bacon or ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: diced vegetables such as mushrooms bell peppers, or onions
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Roll out the pastry and line a 25cm (10 inch) quiche dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, grated cheese, diced bacon or ham, and salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry-lined dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is set and the pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
I have some small single-serving quiche dishes that are ideal for the above recipe. You can also use a larger 25cm dish and slice the quiche for serving.
I trust that you will enjoy the recipe.