You will love my recipe for home made pasta. It is easy to make, tastes delicious and you can also add your own little variations by including some spinach juice or red pepper juice or even some chili powder or chili oil.
Recipe for home made pasta
- Pasta Maker Machine
- Dough mixer
- 3 cups Flour
- 4 lrg Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- Mix flour, eggs, and salt in the dough mixer
- Add water to adjust the dough mixture. Use a half eggshell for this and add an eggshell of water at a time till dough is the right consistency
- Knead the dough till it is smooth
- Cover the dough with a dish towel and allow the dough to rest for 20 minutes
- Cut the dough into 4 equal portions
- Flatten each portion and dust with flour.
- Feed the dough through the pasta roller at the widest setting. Fold the dough over and feed through the roller twice. Keep dusting the pasta sheet with flour to prevent it from sticking.
- Reduce the roller setting by one point and feed the pasta sheet through twice again. Repeat until the smallest setting has been reached. If the sheet becomes too long to comfortably handle then cut the sheet in half.
- Cut the sheets into handy lengths (the length that you would like your pasta to be)
- Allow to rest for approximately 5 to 10 minutes – the sheet should not dry out but should not be sticky.
- Feed each sheet through the cutting section of your pasta roller.
- Cook fresh, freeze, or air dry your pasta for later use.
- Bon Appetit
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
While it is best to cook your pasta when freshly made, you can also either air dry your pasta or freeze your pasta.
To air-dry lie your pasta out on a drying rack in a well-ventilated room. Pasta should be dry within 24 hours. Store in an air-tight jar.
To freeze, twist the pasta into balls and place it on a tray. Cover the tray with glad wrap and place in the freezer. When needed cook from frozen. Do not try to defrost first as it will stick together.
Enjoy the pasta with this delicious Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta Recipe