My creamy mushroom sauce recipe. A great sauce to add to your homemade pasta or to add to steak or even chicken schnitzel.
In the recipe below I used a combination of white and brown mushrooms. I find the best for this recipe are black mushrooms or a nice brown mushroom. However, most mushrooms are suitable.
Creamy mushroom sauce
A delicious mushroom sauce to add to pasta, steaks, or chicken schnitzel.
Servings: 4 portions
- 1 Chef knife
- 1 Large frying pan
- 1 Garlic Press
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Butter or ghee
- 1 Med Onion chopped
- 400 gr Brown or black mushrooms
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- ½ tsp Mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tot Cooking Brandy Optional
- Add olive oil and ghee to a large frying pan on a medium heat
- Add chopped onion and fry till the onions become translucent
- add sliced mushrooms and the tsp salt and place the lid on the frying pan. Allow to simmer till the mushrooms are cooked.
- Remove lid and allow the excess moisture to simmer off
- Add 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Add 1 cup of fresh cream
- Add 1 tsp coarse ground pepper and half tsp Italian herbs
- Add 1 cap of cooking brandy (optional)
- Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve on pasta, steak, or chicken.
- Bon Appetit
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
Adding a cap full of cooking brandy adds a unique flavor to the sauce.
For lovers of pepper sauce, add extra pepper to the sauce to your preference (mine is 3 to 4 tsp). It will be the best pepper sauce you ever tasted. With the pepper sauce variant adding the brandy is a must as it really helps to bring out the pepper flavor while the mushrooms add a unique twist to the pepper sauce.