My favorite and easy-to-make spaghetti and meatballs recipe. This is a dish that every mother should keep handy as children and husbands love it plus it is so economical.
There’s something undeniably comforting about a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. This classic Italian-American dish has been a family favorite for generations, and it’s easy to see why. The combination of tender, flavorful meatballs and spaghetti noodles coated in a rich and savory marinara sauce is simply irresistible.
This recipe for spaghetti and meatballs is a tried and true version that is sure to become a go-to in your household as well. The meatballs are made with a mixture of ground beef, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and a blend of seasonings including garlic, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and a touch of red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat (optional, of course). These meatballs are baked in the oven for a hands-off cooking method that results in perfectly cooked, juicy meatballs every time.
While the meatballs are baking, you can cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions. Then, it’s just a matter of heating up a jar of marinara sauce in a saucepan and tossing everything together. In no time at all, you’ll have a hearty and delicious meal that is sure to become a regular on your dinner rotation. Serve the spaghetti and meatballs hot, with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley if desired.
Spaghetti and meatballs recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 lrg egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounce marinara sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked through and browned on the outside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the marinara sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and add it to the saucepan with the marinara sauce. Toss to coat the spaghetti in the sauce.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the saucepan with the spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Serve the meatballs and spaghetti hot, with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
As a variation to the above meal, fry the meatballs in a little vegetable oil instead of grilling them and cut out the marina sauce. Serve the meatballs with spaghetti or pasta that has a generous dollop of melted butter on it.