Once you try this spinach and feta gozleme recipe once you will not stop making it. A great main meal or snack. It can be kept and eaten hot, cold, or reheated in the microwave. Your family will love them.
Spinach and Feta Gozleme
- Mixing machine
- Large frying pan
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Warm Milk
Spinach and Feta
- 300 gr Baby spinach (10.5 oz)
- 1 Small Onion (finely chopped)
- 100 gr Mozzarella cheese grated (3.5 oz)
- 300 gr Feta cheese (10.5 oz)
- 1 clove Garlic crushed (optional)
Instruction Video (please like and subscribe)
- Combine flour, water, salt, and warm milk in your dough mixer bowl and thoroughly knead until it is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Cover the dough and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
Spinach and feta
- In a large mixing bowl add spinach leaves that have been slightly chopped and gently scrunched by hand.
- Add 1 clove of garlic and mozzarella cheese.
- Crumb the feta and add. Mix the contents of bowl together.
Gozleme Final Stage
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions
- Roll each portion out into thin round disc shapes (about the size of your biggest frying pan)
- Add a little Spinach and Feta to one side of the disc. Fold dough over into half circle and seal by pinching together (see video) (cornish pasty pie style)
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown on each side. Approximately 2 minutes on each side.
More Recipe Videos
Without the years of experience that the Turkish ladies have in making Gozleme, it would be impossible to replicate the exact taste that you would experience in the markets of Turkey. However, you will still thoroughly enjoy these delicious spinach and feta gozleme.